14 May 2010

133/365 - Thirty Today

133/365 c2 - Thirty Today

13 May 2010

If you would notice my self portraits in my Project 365, you would see me showing mostly my face. The reason why is because I am an obese woman. I don't really pose with my whole body because my physical self just looks awful. :) Anyway, while checking my forum thread, my friend Ethel asked, "What's your birthday wish?" After a few funny wishes, I responded with the serious wish, "I wish to be in tune with myself more. I wish to be more confident."

My birthday wish is something only I can make come true, and why should I wait for it to come true when I can start now? After eating my lunch, I took a quick shower and got dressed. It's a personal tradition of mine to take pictures of myself every time I turn a year older, and as always, I started with the face shots.. and noticing the flow of the dress I was wearing, I set up the tripod in our living room so I could take full body shots.

Well, not all pictures look good (I admit that) - and I am not sure if this one's okay actually, but at least it was a start. I know my arms and my legs are way too big and my boobs are too small for my size, not to mention the scars I have on my legs brought about my a worse case of UTI when I was a kid... I had so many reasons to hid in my shell, but I refuse to do that. I know posting this picture would create a whole lot of criticisms, but I am ready for that. This is my life to live, and I am going to live it with much gusto as I can. Life's too short to be anything but happy.

*** Jenn ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comments you've given. If you don't have a blogger account, just use the "Name/URL" option.