23 May 2010

142/365 - Braised Beef

First time for my Project 365 blog to join photo memes. I have wanted to join SOOC Sunday meme since I first heard of it last year, but Sundays are normally my off days in blogging, so I didn't decide to join the bandwagon. However, there's something in me that wanted to be challenged... posting SOOC pictures are sometimes aren't easy to do. But like what I have said, I want to be challenged. I want to prove that somehow I could share pictures without tweaking the image and just stick to resizing and adding my name stamp on it. May I be able to carry it through. :)



142/365 c2 - Braised Beef

22 May 2010

Mom was asked to prepare breakfast for the attendees of Youth Camp, so we decided to go to the mall and do some grocery shopping. Brother was going to attend a retreat, but went with us to eat lunch first. We hoped to eat at Tong Yang shabu-shabu restaurant, but their "eat all you can" buffet was at Php500 (roughly 11USD) each person.

In our attempts to eat at different food places in the mall, we tried out Go! Fan Roasts and Dimsum. They had bowls of different rice toppings for individual orders, but they also serve it on a big platter if diners wanted to share. We opt to have the individual rice bowls, and since mom chose the Macau Lechon and brother went with Minced Duck, I just went with Braised Beef. We actually shared all our dishes, and while I loved their food, I was happier with my choice. This braised beef was seasoned well and very, very, tender. It was like melting in my mouth. A little bit fatty, yes (there's a layer of fat in the middle of each beef slices), but overall it was okay. I can always take away the fat, right? And the best thing about this was that it was only Php125 (2.75USD)... and I was so full afterwards.

And because I didn't bring my own camera, I used the old camera - which now belongs to my siblings.

*** Jenn ***

10 comments:

Leora said...

Vivid shot of the beef. No "where's the beef" question here. Personally, I'll take the greens and the rice.

ShutterHappyJenn said...

Thanks, Leora.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Looks delicious. Glad you could join us. Valerie

gengen said...

That looks yummy...happy SOOC Sunday.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Looks really yummy! I would eat this! Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life
http://splummer-aviewofmylife.blogspot.com/2010/05/straight-out-of-camera_23.html

Kim, USA said...

I knew that is delish. And even though I just had my brunch I still love to eat that lol! Happy Sunday!

SOOC~Centerpiece

Jan said...

Welcome to SOOC Sunday. I love your photo and post. It's always great to hear the story behind the photo. BTS, you can post, and link your photo for SOOC Sunday, as early as noon, on Saturday, if you want.

D'dubsters said...

This looks delicious. Im drooling Visit mine here too

Patti said...

Yum!

Unknown said...

Very rich and yummy photo, your making me hungry here.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comments you've given. If you don't have a blogger account, just use the "Name/URL" option.