27 May 2010

146/365 - It's a Hairy Situation

Forever In Blue Jeans

146/365 c2 - It's a Hairy Situation

26 May 2010

First time to join "Shoot Me" meme... and I am so excited!

On Day 146, I scrambled to think how to picture myself. If doing Project 365 is difficult, I guess it was more difficult for people to do it all with self portraits! For a person who's not really into having her pictures taken, week after week, thinking of how to do a self portrait is indeed a mind blowing activity. :)

I was watching television in mom's room when I realized I still have to take a self portrait. This shot was one of those random thoughts I had... I was combing my hair when I thought of lying in the bed, brush off the hair to one side and take pictures. Using my cell phone, it took a while before I got the hang of it. I had small eyes and big eyelids, and with a big face, I didn't know how to position my head to make a good shot. I just took pictures after pictures and when my cell phone's battery gave off that "low batt" signal, I stopped. I told myself I might have taken something that would satisfy me. In the end I chose this picture.

I have always had the limpy thin hair. If there's something I could do to make my hair thick, I'd do it without asking a question.

*** Jenn ***

8 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Welcome to the challenge! It's nice to see you ;-)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Great shot Jen!

Would like to invite for my Nostalgia meme every Thursday. Hope you can join.

Carin said...

Glad you are joining in on the challenge! What a great self portrait, you did a great job!

~KATE~ said...

Welcome to the Shoot Me club, Ka-LP! ^^,
You'll enjoy it here too!
I'm looking forward to more pictures of you!

Here's my Thursday Shoot. \(^^)/

Marice said...

nice shot sissy! so creative :) im your newest follower! (mizhelle)

u may view mine too here

Tracy said...

Very creative. I'm new to the Just Shoot Me project, too and I always forget to do it until Thursday afternoon. It's a fun project, though.

shutter happy jenn said...

Thanks all for the comments!

@Chubskulit - I will join your meme next week... using my Personal Blog.

Erin said...

You did a fabulous job! That is such a cool photo...it is gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comments you've given. If you don't have a blogger account, just use the "Name/URL" option.