08 April 2010

97/365 - Lolly Lollipop

97/365 c2 - Lolly Lollipop

07 April 2010

Last Monday, I saw some colorful lollipops in the fridge. Brother said sister took it home from work on Easter Sunday, and liking its colors, I told myself I'm going to use it as a prop for my self portrait shoot this week.

I actually took quite a lot of pictures, using both my cell phone and my digital camera. I actually have a picture that I could use as my photo for the day, but while using my camera, it send off the "low battery" signal, so I decided to just continue taking pictures until the battery gets fully drained. Funny, this picture was the last shot from the camera, and because I turned on the macro, I loved that the lollipop was clear, while my face and my body was a bit blurred. In the end, I decided to make this my photo for the day.

This picture was the very time I edited an image using the color selective technique. I always love seeing pictures that are black and white with a little something in color. I tried doing it for the longest time, but I always fail, as the edges weren't smooth. For this picture, it turned out quite easily, because GIMP comes with a circular select tool, and I just measured the circle to the size of the lollipop and edited the image from there. Quite elementary, yes, but at least I took the first step. Hahahaha.

*** Jenn ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comments you've given. If you don't have a blogger account, just use the "Name/URL" option.